The Summer Series consists of four open racing events held over the summer months. They are our bread and butter and encapsulate everything the Royal Southern is about, with great racing on the water and great fun on the shore.
The dates for the 2021 regattas are:
Follow the links to be taken to the individual regatta event pages where you can find entry information, results and individual regatta details.
A normal regatta consists of two days of racing with the following:
- Friday Night - Welcome Drinks Reception
- Saturday - Racing from 10:30 and regatta party
- Sunday - Racing from 10:30 and regatta prize giving
There are prizes for each weekend which are awarded and the regatta prize giving, and series prizes which are awarded at the Royal Southern Annual Prizegiving.
Boats can enter through YachtScoring on each event page and the Notice of Series can be found below. Racing will take place on two courses in the Central Solent and the regatta is open to the following classes:
- IRC Classes (Black Group)
- Performance 40 Class (Black Group) - Racing in IRC with extracted results for September
- HP30 Class (Black Group)
- Club Class (VPRS Handicap, Black Group)
- J/70 (White Group)
- SB20s (White Group)
- XODs (White Group)
- Other - please send any other class inclusion requests to the Sailing Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Scoring & Handicaps
To obtain a VPRS handicap:
Email Ruth Kelly at email@example.com with owner's name and email address, and boat name, type and sail number. Ruth will then setup a skeleton rating and email the owner with measurements checks and instructions of how to pay the £20 rating fee. Find out more: https://www.vprs.org/