The fourth and final event in the four part Royal Southern Summer Series.
The Summer Series consists of four open racing events held over the summer months. They are our bread and butter and encapsulate everything the Royal Southern is about, with great racing on the water and great fun on the shore.
The dates for the 2019 regattas are:
- Summer Series 1, May Regatta - 18th/19th May
- Summer Series 2, June Regatta - 15th/16th June
- Summer Series 3, July Regatta - 13th/14th July
- Summer Series 4, September Regatta - 14th/15th September
Follow the links to be taken to the individual regatta event pages where you can find entry information, results and individual regatta details.
Each regatta consists of two days of racing with the following:
- Friday Night - Welcome Drinks Reception
- Saturday - Racing from 10:30, post-racing bistro menu available from 4pm, 7pm Daily Prizegiving and 7:30pm Crew Suppers (tables can be reserved on entry).
- Sunday - Racing from 10:30, post-racing Daily and Event Prizegiving
There are daily spot prizes, prizes for each weekend and series prizes which are awarded at the RSrnYC Annual Prizegiving.
Boats can enter through YachtScoring on each event page and the Notice of Series can be found below. Crew Supper tickets can also be purchased through entry, and can be added on at a later date.
Racing will take place on two courses in the Central Solent and the regatta is open to the following classes:
- IRC Classes (Black Group)
- J/88, Sundays only (Black Group)
- HP30 Class (Black Group)
- Double Handed Class (Club Handicap, Black Group)
- Club Class (Black Group)
- J/70 (White Group)
- Mixed Sportsboats (White Group)
- XOD (White Group)
- Performance 40 Class (Started with IRC 1 and dual-scored with extracted class results)
IRC Splits will be entry dependent and any other class may request an invitation to attend by email to email@example.com.
Discounted entry is given to those who enter the whole series when entering the May Regatta, there is also a member’s discount for whole series entry. Please enter by following the links above to event pages, or by clicking the following the YachtScoring links below.
Summer Series – May: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=6191
Summer Series – June: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=6198
Summer Series – July: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=6199
Summer Series – Sept: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=6200
Notice of Race:
- Notice of Series (Incorporating Amendment No 1 & 2)
- NoS - Amendment No 1, IRC Crew Numbers
- NoS - Amendment No 2, Entry Fees