Royal Southern Events
- This event has passed.
27 May - 30 May
Event open to Sailing and Motor Boat sections
- Friday 26th – Dan Bran Pontoon, Lymington
- Saturday 27th – Crossing to Cherbourg
- Sunday 28th – Explorer Day Cherbourg
- Monday 29th – Return Hamble
A Zoom meeting will be set up to talk through the trip and the process for leaving and returning to UK as well as France. This will include walking through the various forms. Advise will also be provided on planning your cross channel trip if this is your first time travelling to France.
- Saturday 27th May HW Portsmouth 0505. We will have a planned departure time from the Dan Bran at 0600. Estimated time of arrival at Cherbourg 1900hrs (CET)
- Monday 29th May HW Portsmouth 2017. This will mean an early departure from Cherbourg to get through the Needles Channel in good time. Estimated time of departure 0500 and estimated time at Needles Channel 1600hrs which will allow sufficient flood of tide to get back to the Hamble or for those that would prefer a more leisurely return a stop off in Yarmouth.
- Payment for berths at the Dan Bran and Cherbourg will be individual boat payment.
- Nearer the day a weather forecast will be sent out. The intention is to have an enjoyable crossing rather than flog across the Chanel come what may! An alternative programme will be created if weather proves to be unsuitable.