We hope you enjoy this weeks quiz!
The questions and answers are separate- don't spoil it for yourself, no cheating! This weeks questions are courtesy of Set 2 Trivia from WHSmith's. You will find the questions below, click on each question to find the answer.
Love the Royal Southern Team
24th April Quiz Questions & Answers
1. On which isle is Norris Castle situated?
A- Isle of Wight
2. Which singing actress said "I dont want to be thought of as wholesome"?
A- Julie Andrews
3. Richard Arkwright achieved great technical advances in which industry in the 18th Century?
A The Cotton Industry
4. What is the capital city of Iran?
5. What is the currency in Vietnam?
A Vietnamese Dong
6. What is the price of a 1st class stamp in the UK?
A- as of 23rd March the price rose to 76p
7. For what purpose were type writers originally invented?
A- To help the blind.
8. Which is the worlds longest reef?
A- The Great Barrier reef, off the coast of Australia.
9. What language is spoken in Israel?
10. Which group had a no.1 hit with "Whiter shade of pale"?
A- Whiter Shade of Pale.
"A Whiter Shade of Pale" is the debut single by the British rock band Procol Harum, released 12 May 1967. The single reached number 1 in the UK Singles Chart on 8 June 1967 and stayed there for six weeks.
11. Lanzarote belongs to which island group?
A- Canary Islands
12. Name the sacred river of India.
13. Who joined Lionel Richie in 1981 for "Endless love"?
14. What is currently the most densely populated country in the world?
A- Monaco is the most densely populated country in the world, according to the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs' Population Division. This is, of course, down to the principality's tiny size. It is the world's second smallest country with an area of 2.02 square km.