Congratulations - we made it through 2020!
We have come to the end of 2020 and while it hasn't been easy sailing there have been some great moments throughout this turbulent year.
As we head into the New Year we remain under Tier 4 regulations, so whilst we would love to celebrate the new year with you our doors have once again been closed until further notice. However, we would love to hear what your Royal Southern 2020 reel would look like. Send across your fond stories and photos so we can all celebrate our achievements together in the coming Newsletters.
We would like to thank you all for your continued support at the Club and look forward to welcoming you back as soon as it is safe to do so.
Happy New Year!
Sailing & Haven
eSailing Winter Club Championship Qualifier Series
7th, 14th, 21st & 28th January, 6 pm start
Following on from the success of the Spring championships, the RYA has announced the Winter version. In order for the Royal Southern to nominate a representative, we need to hold our own Winter Championships. These will be held over the 4 Thursdays in January with the overall winner going into the Regional Championships.
For entry and information, please click to follow the links below.
Upcoming (Real) Sailing Events
Please note that following our change to tier 4 on 26th December we are currently reviewing the viability of upcoming events on a case-by-case basis. Updates will be published in the newsletter and on website event pages. Access to the Yacht Haven, dinghy park and the crane is still open and the bosuns' service is still operating on Winter Hours.
- Optimist Winter Training #4: 16th/17th January
The last optimist training of the year took place on 19/20 December and what a festive occasion it was! Join us for the next one in the New Year. Get in touch with Jane for more - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academy Frostbite Series 2021: 23rd January/20th February/27th March
Join us in the New Year for another set of great Winter sprint racing events. Entry is open to J/70s, the NoR and entry form can be found on the event page; Click here for details
Sailing and Haven Updates
- Bosun Hours & Crane Use - The bosuns are now operating on Winter Hours and will continue to do so throughout Tier 4 restrictions, with the launch service available 1000-1630 daily and crane available for use.
- Pontoon Health & Safety - Please note; with the cold weather at the moment, some of the pontoons are becoming icy and slippery, so please take care! Considering the movements to Tier 4, also bear in mind that there is likely to be fewer staff and member around the club to assist if you get into difficulty.
- Staffing - At present, we intend for the sailing office staff to continue working throughout the Januaryclubhouse closure. So we will still be contactable by email if you need us!
Shoreside and House
Virtual Wednesday Lecture - 13th January
This week we will be hearing from Brian Masters, who will be given a lecture titled 'Saving Lives at Sea - RNLI'
Join us on Zoom;
Meeting ID: 89326481590
Or join by Skype for Business;
The meeting will be open from 18.50 for people to join and test their sound etc. before commencing the lecture at 19.00.
Due to the current tier regulations, the Wednesday lectures are now online, we are therefore not able to provide a collection for RNLI. Please consider making a donation if this is possible for you.
Staff Fund Donations
Get in touch!
Contact reception for general enquiries on email@example.com or 02380 450300, available 9 am-12 pm Monday - Friday.