Dec 8, 2020
Over the last month, Emily and Brian in the Sailing Office have worked on improving the dinghy park area to make it more accessible to all users - hopefully you have now seen some of the progress for yourself!
Over this time we have:
- Swept all of the tarmac areas, including around all racks.
- Raked the gravel to thin it to a more usable thickness.
- Moved an upright rack to separate club oppies, and create a larger space by the containers.
- Moved peanuts from oppie rack.
- Identified boats where possible, returning identified, paid-for boats.
- Started creating boat spaces on gravel.
- Removed bottom bar from oppie rack to make it easier for oppies to roll into the bottom spaces.
So now we need help from you!
- If you have any old carpet, please consider donating it to us so that we can extend the carpet on the racks.
- We have a large pile of shingle due to the raking which is free to a good home! If you would like to collect some, just let us know.
- We would be very grateful if you were to view the video below and help us identify the remaining unknown boats.
In Stage 2 of our dinghy park overhaul, which we hope will take place before Spring, we plan to:
- Divide and number boat spaces.
- Sort fuel and storage containers.
- Extend and replace rack carpet.
And, if we have time and resources, we might get started on the Wish List:
- Paint containers.
- Create a better briefing/meeting area by containers (benches, astro turf, etc, ideas welcome).
- Tie down points for gravel-based boats.
If you are interested in helping, or have any ideas on how we can improve the dinghy park, then please don't hesitate to get in touch!
Brian, Haven & Facilities Manager - email@example.com
Emily, Sailing Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Ashore RSrnYC