Under the 10 May 2020
guidelines you may use your boat in your own household group or with a single member of another household. So, if you are bringing a friend on board, only two of you may be on board. There is no restriction as to the number on board provided you are from the same household.
Please note: this is constantly under review and may change..
Currently if your boat is on its berth you are welcome to come and go from the Haven as you please, making sure you adhere to all the social guidance in place. In line with all the other marina operators we are advising that government guidelines are that you cannot stay on board overnight. ‘Leaving your home – the place you live – to stay at another home for a holiday or other purpose is not allowed. This includes visiting second homes.’
Please note there is no access to the club house, showers or changing rooms. A toilet is provided near the Bosun’s office. Please follow the guidance on hygiene below. Housekeeping are performing regular cleaning of high touch areas 7 days a week. The launch will be wiped down after every trip.
Access to the car park
The car park barrier will be raised at 1000hrs & lowered at 1600hrs. Outside these hours you can exit the car park but entry is not possible as the keypad is disabled.
As you are now all aware, the greatest risk we face is from the asymptomatic carriers of the virus. The policies we put in place are aimed at assuming that members and their children may be these so-called “silent carriers” and preventative measures are essential.
Coughing, sneezing and talking face to face indoors for a period of 15 mins poses the greatest risk.
Being outdoors is the safest, ensuring always:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly with soap. Use a disposable paper hand-towel to dry your hands.
- Use your own hand sanitiser in the absence of running water and soap on your own boat. At all other times, please use the sanitiser provided by the club around the club facilities.
- Whenever you touch a surface that may have been touched by someone else, wash your hands/sanitise as soon as possible afterwards.
- Use proprietary cleaners on all of your boat internal surfaces, remembering always to be more scrupulous than ever about surfaces. Use disinfectants provided by the club within the club facilities.
- Avoid touching your face etc.
- Keep 2m apart from others not in your household.
- Cough and sneeze away from people and always into the crook of your arm or a disposable tissue.
- When using the launch please wear a face mask and gloves. The Bosun is always downwind of you so to protect him it is important to cover your mouth and nose with a scarf/fabric face mask whilst using the launch. Please be particular careful when the launch comes alongside your vessel.
- When using the crane, please wear gloves and clean the control mechanism after use.
- Always bring your own food and drink.. Please do not use the club taps for water.
We ask you to observe the instructions on hygiene posted in the lavatory to the letter. Parents, please take special care to always accompany your child and use the facilities after them to ensure cleanliness.
If you, your child, or any other member of your household has ANY of the symptoms, you:
- Must not attend the club AT ALL for 7 days (or 14 days from the start of your symptoms for a member of your household).
- Self-isolate immediately and follow all of the known guidance.
Please see the NHS and Government websites for further information on symptoms and testing
****UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE GLOVES OR MASKS TO BE DISPOSED OF ON CLUB PREMISES. THEY POSE A GREAT RISK TO STAFF AND OTHER MEMBERS.****