From Wednesday 13th May 2020
Following the announcements from the Government on Sunday evening and the publication of “Our Plan to Rebuild – the UK Government’s Covid 19 Recovery Strategy ” we are pleased to announce that we will be able to open the following Club facilities from 10am on Wednesday 13th May
- Club Car Park
- Yacht Haven and Club Moorings
- Club tenders
- Club Launch Service from Friday 15th May with limited capacity and hours of operation 1200 to 1500
The Club will be available for our members to visit and maintain boats. Members must adhere to all guidance from the Hamble River Harbourmaster.
All of the activities at the Club are subject to Government guidelines on social distancing and we are implementing appropriate measures to protect our Club staff. Sailing and boating activities are open to single household groups only.
Please see the guide attached on “Health and Safety for Members “ .
It is important to note that the Clubhouse building will remain closed. This includes the reception, bar, dining rooms & bedrooms. There will be no access to the Sailing block changing rooms or showers. The toilet on the ground floor next to the bosun’s store will be available. Members are asked to clean this after use.
We are introducing regular cleaning & sanitising of high touch areas. Members are asked to BYO sanitiser & wipe down any areas they have been in contact with.
Club tenders will be available & members are advised to ensure they are suitably cleaned before and after use.
We will have a limited Club Staff operating at this time and members are requested to address any questions and comments to:
Robert Vose – Vice Commodore email@example.com
Gordon Craigen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Ward – email@example.com
We are also working on plans to reopen further Club services as Government guidelines allow and we will keep you fully informed.
- MUST BE PRE-BOOKED WITH THE BOSUN
- For launching and recovery only. No holding in the crane for pressure washing, antifouling, polishing or other maintenance.
- Gloves to be worn when handling any part of the crane, including the control mechanism, strops and lifting beam.
- Control panel must be wiped cleaned after use.
- Use on by certified members.
- AVAILABLE from Friday 15th between 1200 to 1500 hrs only.
- MUST BE PRE-BOOKED WITH THE BOSUN
- Limit of 2 persons per trip.
- Passengers must wear GLOVES and FACE MASK.
- Please wait for the Launch at the top of the ramp. Do NOT wait on the launch pontoon.
Health & Safety Recommendations for Members
- If you are unwell please avoid coming to the club/facility.
- If a person feels sick, or has a temperature over 100.4 degrees, they should stay home.
- If a member/guest has had any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or has been in the presence of someone who has, they should avoid coming to the club/facility.
- All members/guests should thoroughly wash hands before arriving and immediately after leaving.
- Members to BYO water and water bottles when coming to the club/facility. Members to use reusable water bottles which they fill at home. Discourage the use of water fountains and shared water filling stations/containers.
- Members not to share personal water bottles, food, gear, equipment, sunscreen, towels, paddles, etc.
- Use caution, be courteous, and practice safe Social Distancing when passing by others on pontoons, ramps, slips, bridges, and other tight locations.
- Warning - if you accidently end up in the water to immediately remove your mask to facilitate easier breathing and swimming.
- No non-members and guests will be allowed at the club/facility during COVID-19
- Pets to remain on a leash at all times.
- No access to the club house is permitted. Changing rooms and showers are closed. A toilet will be made available in the ground floor of sailing block. Please ensure you clean and wipe all surfaces after use.
- Members are encouraged to use bathroom facilities prior to coming to club, and/or to use head on their own boat.
- If access to river mooring by tender is permitted then the member must ensure it is wiped prior to and after use. Responsibility is on the member to ensure the tender is in a safe condition to use.
- No shared hoses or cables will be provided. The bosun will not provide a hose, members MUST supply their own. Berth holders must wipe the tap and any touched surface after use.
- When possible, move to a downwind location when needing to sneeze/cough. Follow the CDC Hygiene Etiquette Guidelines for Coughing & Sneezing.
- Recommended/Needed PPE: Masks and gloves are recommended in most situations, and required in other situations. Members and guests should be advised to BYO masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes and abide by any government guidelines.