The UK Government has removed almost all restrictions imposed at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic.
This means the Clubhouse and facilities can re-open from Monday 19th July. However, I would like to outline how these changes will be implemented. There are a number of grey areas in the lifting of the restrictions and whilst we embrace these changes, I think it is also wise to exercise a degree of caution in order to keep both Members and our staff safe.
- The wearing of face masks is requested when walking around inside the Club. We would be grateful if members and visitors would observe this guideline until we see how the situation unfolds after 19th July.
- Members and guests are also encouraged to scan into the club using the NHS app.
- Additional sanitising stations will be available. Members and visitors are asked to continue to use these as often as possible.
- The enhanced cleaning schedule of handrails, surfaces and toilets will continue as before.
- Reception and any payments areas will continue to be protected with Perspex screens.
- Bar service will be resumed; however, we ask you not to sit or congregate at the bar and instead take drinks to a table. The rule of 6 will of course be removed. We would like to encourage where possible that members use the smart phone app to order drinks, particularly in the outside areas.
A high percentage of our staff are young and currently have not been double vaccinated. We are also significantly down on staff numbers and as you will have seen in the national press the hospitality sector is suffering from extreme shortage of staff. This is further impacted with staff being “pinged” by the NHS to self-isolate, often due to their interaction with others outside of the Club. This all puts additional pressure on the staff. Please can I emphasise to Members to always be patient and respectful to the staff.
Our opening hours can be found here.