Here we are again with the unfortunate news of another lockdown, the Royal Southern will continue to remain closed until further notice.
During this period we will have a skeleton staff on duty, please note;
- The launch service will be suspended from today. However, the Bosuns' will once a week go up the river to check the mid-stream moorings and the boats in the Prince Philip Yacht Haven. They will also perform an additional check on boats as soon as feasible following a storm.
- The car park will remain open so professional marine operators can continue to access members boats, however, access to keys and the bosun office will not be possible. Unfortunately. during this time it will not be possible to accept any member' deliveries. The outside toilet in the rear courtyard will remain open.
- Staffing; a skeleton staff will be on duty between 09.00-17.00 in the main Clubhouse or Sailing Wing. This will be limited to around 2 staff members on a rota system. Should you wish to contact a member of the team please do so via email only.
- Night security will remain as normal, 7 nights a week.
- Housekeeping will be keeping any office areas that are used clean and sanitised. They will also include the outside toilet in the courtyard and performing regular maintenance of the showers, bedrooms etc. to prevent any longer-term hygiene complications.
eSailing Winter Club Championship Qualifier Series
7th, 14th, 21st & 28th January, 6 pm start
Following on from the success of the Spring championships, the RYA has announced the Winter version. In order for the Royal Southern to nominate a representative, we need to hold our own Winter Championships. These will be held over the 4 Thursdays in January with the overall winner going into the Regional Championships - Click here for information
Virtual Wednesday Lecture - 13th January
This week we will be hearing from Brian Masters, who will be given a lecture titled 'Saving Lives at Sea - RNLI'.
Join us on Zoom at 7 pm;
Or Join by Skype for Business: