Join our weekly Quizzes on a Friday night. Whether you are in your own company or have a houseful, have some fun with these questions and most of all keep your mind active. The questions and answers are separate- don't spoil it for yourself, no cheating!
You will find the questions below and click on each question to find the answer.
Love the Royal Southern Team
Quiz Questions - Friday 10th April 2020
1. In which Olympic sport might you get a double axel or a triple Salchow?
- A- Figure Skating
2. Which country has the Unicorn as its national animal? (HINT- this was in last week’s Newsletter).
- A- Scotland
3. What word describes the study of fossils?
- A- Paleontology
4. In which city is the oldest zoo in the world?
- A- Vienna
5. Who originally wrote Oliver Twist?
A- Charles Dickens
6. What is the name of the desert area in Mexico?
A- Sonora Desert
Two of these areas (Great Basin and Mojave) are in the USA. The other two (the Sonoran Desert and the Chihuahuan Desert) are almost entirely in Mexico, but extend northwards across the border. The Sonoran Desert includes most of the Baja California Peninsula, together with the western part of the state of Sonora.
7. What island, which belonged to Denmark, became independent in 1944?
Iceland was proclaimed an independent republic on June 17th 1944. Iceland actually gained independence from Denmark much earlier, on December 1st 1918 with the signing of the Act of Union with Denmark. The Act recognised Iceland as an independent state under the Danish crown.
8. Where does a car with the letters CH come from?
9. In Tennis, which Williams sister has won more Grand Slam titles?
A- Serena Williams
Venus has won 49 singles titles over the course of her career, and Serena has won 72. The two sisters remain personally very close. They have won 22 titles when playing doubles together, including 14 Grand Slam titles and 3 Olympic gold medals.
10. Which vitamin is the only one that you will not find in an egg?
A- Vitamin C
With the exception of vitamin C, an egg contains varying amounts of all the essential vitamins plus many minerals. An egg yolk is one of the few foods which naturally contain vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin.