Feb 26, 2021
The Notice of Series has now been published and entry has been opened for the 2021 Royal Southern Summer Series! This year, the regattas will be taking place as follows:
- 8/9 May - May Regatta
- 12/13 June - Champagne Charlie June Regatta, incorporating SB20 Southern Area Championships
- 10/11 July - July Regatta
- 18/19 September - Land Union September Regatta
The series is open to IRC classes, Performance 40s (racing in IRC with extracted results for September), HP30s, Club Class (VPRS rating), J/70s, SB20s and XODs. Entries made by 24th April will benefit from the 15% early-bird discount, so don't hesitate to get your entry in soon
The Series will be run in accordance with Government and RYA Guidelines relating to the COVID-19 pandemic applicable at the time of each regatta and additional crew restrictions and social distancing rules may be in place. We will endeavour to run as much of each regatta as is feasible taking into account both government and RYA guidance and regulations in place at the time.
The most recent RYA guidance can be found at https://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-advice/current-affairs/Pages/coronavirus-covid-19.aspx
Individual Event Entry
To enter one or more events individually, please see Yachtscoring event pages below:
- May Regatta - https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eid=14379
- Champagne Charlie June Regatta - https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eid=14380
- July Regatta - https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eid=14381
- Land Union September Regatta - https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eid=14382
Other classes may be invited to attend, or may request an invitation to attend by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crew and boats can find each other by either of the following methods:
- For specific Summer Series Regattas through the 'Crew/Boat/Charter Board' on each regatta Yachtscoring home page (above).
- Whole season/general through the Royal Southern Crew Network - https://www.royal-southern.co.uk/crew-network